The gîte known as ‘Petite Florence’ is available for self-catering accommodation rental from Patricia & Derek Torbet (the Owners) to you the renter (the Client) named on the booking form.
To reserve the property the Client should read the booking form and conditions and make arrangements to pay the non-refundable 25% deposit indicated. Following the receipt of the deposit, and signed booking form, the Owners will send confirmation of the booking. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
The balance of the rent is payable no later than 4 weeks before the holiday booking commences. Should payment not be received by that date the booking is cancelled and the initial deposit is forfeit. Reservations made within 4 weeks of the start of the rental period require payment in full at the time of the reservation.
Cancellation: should you need to cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, the person making the booking must notify us in writing. In the event of a cancellation, the following charges, based on the basic rental cost, are payable from the date we receive your notification. We would advise that you insure against cancellation.
More than 28 days before the starting date – initial 25% deposit payment
28 days or less – 100%, unless we can rebook the property, in which case we will refund any payment to the level of the subsequent booking, less the deposit
Security deposit: A refundable security deposit of 500€ is payable on arrival, by cash or bank transfer (cheques are not accepted). You are required to leave the property tidy and in good order when you leave. The deposit will be held and returned to you by bank transfer within 7 – 10 days of the end of your holiday, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the property. You will be required to check an inventory on your arrival at the gîte. If at any time you discover that anything is missing or damaged, you must let us know immediately, otherwise we will assume the loss / damage has been caused by yourselves. We reserve the right to deduct from the deposit the cost of any damage to the property or its fittings and equipment, although the Client’s liability is not limited to this amount. We hope not to have to levy any such charge except in exceptional circumstances.
Cleaning: The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the gite and the facilities. The Client also agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. If the property is not left in a good condition, a 50€ cleaning fee will be retained from the security deposit. Clients can opt to pay the 50€ cleaning fee in advance when booking.
Insurances: We cannot be responsible for any failure on your part to make the necessary travel arrangements, nor delays or cancellations. It is your responsibility to take out any insurance that you may require against such eventualities. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a fully comprehensive insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal injury and belongings, public liability etc., since these will not be covered by the Owners’ insurance.
The rental period commences at 4pm on the first day and ends at 10am on the last day. The Owner will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. A penalty of a one nights rental will be retained from the deposit if the gite is not vacated by 10am. Your co-operation in complying with this is appreciated so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following clients.
The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity of the apartment is four people and one toddler and this must not be exceeded. Only the number of people stated on the booking form may occupy the property, even if the maximum occupancy is not reached.
The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to those residents in any neighbouring property. Should we consider your behaviour to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the gîte. Parties are not allowed. No refunds will be made.
The Client shall report to the Owner, without delay, any defects or breakages in the apartment or breakdown in any equipment or appliances in the apartment or garden. Arrangement for repairs and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the Client exceed the amount already paid to the Owners under this booking.
The rental is inclusive of water, electricity and use of the garden of the gîte Petite Florence. Heating is by electric storage heaters and is included in the price. The rental cost excludes the local tourist tax (taxe de séjour) which is payable by the Client on arrival (in 2022: 1,00 € max per night per person aged 18 or over).
Bedding, linen and towels can be provided and should be indicated on the initial booking application and should be used only inside the property. We can provide a high chair and a baby cot and mattress with waterproof cover free of charge, on request, however, we ask clients to bring their own cot linen. Clean linen will be provided on Saturday for stays of 2 weeks or more.
The Owners operate a strict no smoking policy on the property for the comfort of other guests. Smoking, vaping or the used of any other electronic cigarettes is not permitted on the property. Any Client disregarding this condition will forfeit their security deposit.
The gite waste water uses ‘fosse septique’ so under no circumstances should any foreign substances other than toilet paper be flushed down the toilets. Waste bins and hygiene sacks will be provided in the bathroom and should be used where appropriate. The use of bleach in either the sinks of the toilet is also strictly forbidden.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT THE PROPERTY!.
The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:-
1: For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property or garden.
2: For the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
3: For the loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
4: For any loss, injury, death or damage which may be incurred while staying at the property
5: For the personal safety and security of guests (or their belongings) whilst on our premises / using items supplied by ourselves. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all children are supervised, particularly in and around the terrace area and stairways.
Special Conditions for the Hot Tub
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc which reduce the effectiveness of the hot tub sanitizer which disinfects the water
- Strictly NO bronzing lotions or fake tan as these can render the hot tun out of order.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection or irritating your condition
- If temperature is over 40◦C DO NOT enter.
- Alcoholic beverages or drugs should not be consumed while using the hot tub. BE AWARE that the use of alcoholic beverages or drugs before or during hot tub use may lead to unconsciousness with the possibility of drowning, heart attack, or injury due to passing out or falling.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water. This increases the risk of infection.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal
- Please leave the hut tub cover with the white side facing up so as to avoid grass and dirt coming into with the cover and contamination the hot tub. Any grass or dirt on the cover should be rinsed off before the cover is replaced.
- Enter and exit the hot tub slowly.
- No jumping or diving.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub
- No eating in the hut tub or in the area surrounding the hut tub.
- Footwear must be worn to the side of the hot tub and must be removed before entering.
- Do not turn the power off using the isolator switch as this will cause the heater to be turned off.
- Maximum number of 4 persons in the hot tub at any time.
- Use of the hot tub is NOT permitted after 10pm due to noise and safety reasons.
- Recommended time of 20mins per session, cool off before re-entering.
- No children under the age of 5 allowed in the hot tub.
- All children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Plastic glasses only – STRICTLY NO glass, cans or metal items in or around the hot tub area.
- No smoking in or around the hot tub. It is recommended that no jewellery is worn in the hot tub due to chemicals used. The chemicals in hot tubs can also affect colour-treated hair and damage swimsuits.
- Do not add anything to the water including foaming bubbles, chemicals, soaps, bath oils, etc. If these items are used in the hot tubs, an additional cleaning fee will be assessed.
- Absolutely no candles are allowed on or in the hot tub.
- Please replace hot tub cover when not in use.
- Please ensure after use the jets are off and lid is on and the catches are in place.
- The hot tub may be unavailable at certain times due to weather conditions or for maintenance procedures.
- Use of the hot tub may be refused, and we reserve the right to apply this for health and safety reasons.
- The client agrees to fully reimburse and indemnify the owners for damage caused to the hot tub during rental term, including damage caused by any person, including invited or uninvited guests, pets, animals, and children.
- The client understands there will be no reduction in rental fees if the hot tub is unused or unavailable during the term of client’s rental period.
Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability exceed the amount paid by the Client to the Owners for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.